List of supporting documents to be submitted by applicants
for short stay visas in Egypt (Cairo and Alexandria)
1. Compulsory information to be presented by all visa applicants
1.1. Certificate from the Mogamma
For first time travellers, or in case of passport loss: a Certificate from the Mogamma covering
the past 7 years.
1.2. Booking Proof
A round trip booking, if applicable. The ticket should be bought only after the visa has been
A proof of accommodation.
1.3. Purpose of the trip
A document substantiating the purpose of the stay.
Original bank statements for the past 6 months copied and translated. In the absence of bank
account, proof of other assets has to be provided.
1.5. Document to be provided by employees
Certificate of employment, specifying the date of recruitment, position in the company and
1.6. Document to be provided by company owners
Original of the commercial registry and tax card.
1.7. Document to be provided by pupils and students
Proof of enrolment in school or university
1.8. Document to be provided by minors (not applicable in case of school or sports club
– If the minor travels without his/her legal guardian: consent of the parental authority
(both parents) or legal guardian shall be provided either through a notarised certificate
or by a form signed at the consulate premises.
– If minor is travelling with one of his/her legal guardian: consent of the parental
authority (parents not travelling with their minor child) or legal guardian shall be
provided either through a notarised certificate or by a form signed at the consulate
purpose of tourism
2.1. If the applicant is an employee: Confirmation of leave approval.
2.2. Itinerary, if visiting more than one Member State.
3. List of supporting documents to be submitted by applicants travelling for
3.1. Invitation letter
Official invitation from the inviting company (on official company paper, stamped and
signed) containing the following information:
– the full address and contacts of the company
– nature of the business
– name and position of the countersigning officer
– purpose and duration of the visit
– person or entity who will bear the travel and living costs
– whether the sponsor gives financial guarantee for the visa applicant's return to Egypt.
3.2. Information to be provided by the Egyptian invited company
Copy of the invited company registry or tax card.
Official company paper stamped and signed, mentioning clearly:
– full address and contact persons of the company
– name and position of the countersigning officer
– name, position, salary and years of employment (if applicable)
– purpose of the visit
– nature of the work contract
– person or entity which will bear the applicant's travel and living costs.
An invitation letter from the inviting company which has been validated by the competent
local authorities. The following Member States' consulates require that a specific form be
used for the invitation letter: Austria, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Poland, Portugal,
Slovakia, and Slovenia. Please refer to the website of the Member State concerned for further
4. List of supporting documents to be submitted by applicants travelling for the
purpose of carrying out paid activities or internship
Under the national legislation of individual Member States, some paid activities or internship
require the applicant to provide a work permit or a similar document: please check the website
of the Member State concerned.
5. List of supporting documents to be submitted by applicants travelling for the
purpose of visiting family/friends
– An invitation letter signed by host family/friends.
– The following Member States' consulates require that a specific form be used for the
invitation letter: Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany,
Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia,
Slovakia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. Please refer to the websites of the Member
State concerned for further specifications.
6. List of supporting documents to be submitted by applicants travelling for the
purpose of medical treatment
6.1. Certificate from a medical doctor (designated by the consulate) and/or a medical
– The certificate should state the medical history of the patient and what kind of medical
treatment is needed.
6.2. Official document from the receiving medical institution
– It should confirm that it can perform the specific medical treatment and that the patient
will be accepted accordingly.
6.3. Proof of financial arrangement made
6.4. Any other correspondence between the sending medical doctor and the receiving
medical institution, if available.
7. List of supporting documents to be submitted by applicants travelling for the
purpose of cultural/sports events
7.1. For minors:
Student card and original letter of the school mentioning: the full address, telephone number
of the school, permission for absence, name and function of the person giving the permission.
7.2. Minors travelling alone: See point 1.8
7.3. Original letter of invitation from the organiser of the event in the Member State of
7.4. If applicable: letter of the institution sending the concerned applicant.