Submission of the visa application
A Schengen visa is an authorization issued by a Schengen state that allows travelers to enter the Schengen area for the following purposes:
- planned short stay or transit trough the territory of a Schengen State
(short stay visa)
The Schengen visa and entry rules apply to short- term stays of no more than 90 days. A short stay uniform visa authorizes the bearer to stay up to 90 days within any 180 day period in the Schengen area.
You can apply for a Schengen C visa through VFS global an external service provider and only in cases of special consideration at the Consular Office of the Embassy of Hungary in Cairo.
- An appointment to submit a C visa application to the VFS external visa provider can be booked on the following website: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/egy/en/hun
- For further information about Schengen visa and entry rules please visit: https://konzinfo.mfa.gov.hu/en/how-apply-visa
- The list of supporting documents to be submitted with the visa application is available on the website of the external visa service provider here: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/egy/en/hun
The rules for staying for more than 90 days are determined by the national legislation of each member state. D visa applications can currently only be submitted at the Embassy.
Kind attention for Applicants who intend to submit a D visa application to Hungary:
- As of 1 August 2023, D visa applications for study, work and other purposes could be submitted through the VFS External Visa Service Provider.
- Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders can submit their D visa application at the Embassy of Hungary.
Appointment for D visa application for study / work / other purposes could be requested via the Contact Center of VFS Global from Sunday to Thursday, between 8:30 am to 4:30 pm by phone: +2 (02) 21600051 or by email: email@example.com
Website of The VFS Global: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/egy/en/hu
For appointment for all other types of D visa applications please send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that during the submission, evaluation and decision making process, the Hungarian Embassy only participates as a mediator in receiving the applications, forwarding them to the relevant authorities and conveying the decision made by them to the applicant. In these cases the Embassy is not a decision making authority.
D visa applications are being assessed in Hungary by The National Directorate - General for Aliens Policing (OIF).
For data protection reasons, information about the state of any visa application can strictly only be provided to the client (the person submitting the application), anyone else will be denied access to any information about the case.
- For more information about D visa applications and supporting documents, please visit: http://oif.gov.hu/index.php?lang=hu
- Contact details of the call center of the National Directorate General for Aliens Policing (OIF): http://oif.gov.hu/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=609&Itemid=1342&lang=hu
- For further information about D visa please visit: https://konzinfo.mfa.gov.hu/en/entry-long-stay-exceeding-90-days
The checklists about the supporting documents to submit can be downloaded from here for D visa for:
AT THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW/AN EXTRA SET OF SINGLE SIDED COLOR PHOTOCOPY OF ALL THE PAGES OF THE SUBMITTED PASSPORT AND ALL ORIGINAL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED IN A GOOD QUALITY (EVERY PAGES MUST BE CLEAR VISIBLE AND READABLE)!